Belize Marriage Requirements
We have good news, marriage ceremonies in Belize are internationally recognized so your ceremony can be more than just symbolic. Your Signature Wedding planner will handle all of the requirements on your behalf, most of which will be done before you get here! Don’t worry, we register the marriage so you can spend your holiday on the beach and not at a courthouse.
TO OBTAIN A SPECIAL LICENSE TO GET MARRIED IN BELIZE…
- Both parties must be in the country three (3) days prior to filing the petition of the license. All documents required must be original documents, but certified copies with lifted seal of the original documents are acceptable.
- For those who aren’t in the country for three days, it is possible to apply for a Special License (for an additional fee)
- Application forms will be emailed to you from our Signature Team.
- Completed forms along with the items in the following list must be presented to General Registry or Solicitor General (we will do this on your behalf).
- Identification Documents – All documents required must be original documents but certified copies with lifted seal of the original documents are acceptable.
- Citizenship – No residency requirement.
- Blood test – No blood test or parental consent is needed if over age 18.
- Marital status – Original or certified copy with lifted seal of divorce or death certificates must be presented if divorced or widowed
- Witnesses – Two witnesses, don’t worry if you are eloping, we will be more than happy to witness your marriage, but must be at least 18 years
- Proof that both parties are above age 18 years.